Queens, New York police officers say a 26-year-old man reached out to grab Big Sean during his “I Decided” album signing event, but never actually touched him according to Sean via a statement he made on Twitter. However, the man was given a summons for disorderly conduct. The video of the incident can be viewed at the end of the blog, WARNING: GRAPHIC LANGUAGE.
“Some guy waited in line in the cold since 10 a.m., bought my CD (and) when I signed his CD and shook his hand he TRIED to hit me off guard,” Big Sean said as part of series of tweets Saturday. “The dude was released from a mental hospital last week, has a long record of mental illness and was off his meds. Very serious issues.”
Big Sean said the man claimed he had written songs for Jay-Z and Michael Jackson.
“I’m hoping he’s getting the proper treatment he needs,” Big Sean tweeted. “I wanted to keep the signing going but the store shut it down. Sorry it got ruined for the rest of the real fans.”
You can check out Sean’s latest album titled “I Decided” on Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal and available for purchase at bigseanshop.com. Sean is scheduled to perform for his hometown here in Detroit at the Fox Theatre on April 1st.